Wagon Wheel American Grill – Team Bingo – Portland

TEAM BINGO – Mondays at 7:00 PM

LOCATIONWagon_Wheel
Wagon Wheel American Grill
7888 E. Grand River Ave.
Portland, MI 48875

PHONE
517-647-4989

WEBSITE
http://www.wagonwheelbowl.com/

ABOUT
In 1947, the wagon Wheel was built on Old 16, just east of its present location on the opposite side of the road.  It was originally built as a party store by a man named Lee Hurley.  In 1959, it was purchased by Ron and Dorothy Lenneman.  Ron also owned the land across the road.  In 1962, that land was purchased by Dick Oakes and Al Vroman, who built a bowling alley called Ever Green Lanes.  After a couple of years in business, Ron purchased the bowling alley from them and moved the Wagon Wheel to its present location combining both businesses into one.

In March 1973, Herm and Ken Schrauben purchased the business from Ron and Dorothy.  The brothers were known for the antics and personalities.  After 11 years, Herm purchased Ken’s share of the business.  All of Herm’s kids worked in the business.  Chopper, the youngest of the bunch started working there as soon as he was old enough to stand on beer cases behind the bowling alley counter and collect money.

In June of 1997, Chopper and his wife Jonda purchased the business from his father.  In 2000, they decided that if they wanted to be in business and remain a part of the community, they needed to remodel and bring the facility up-to-date.   They added a banquet room, a new kitchen, and totally remodeled the entire facility.  New in 2004 was the addition of the synthetic lanes.

It has been quite a leap from serving burgers to great dinners.  We are still learning how to satisfy our customers’ needs and will continue to change for the sake of great service.

We have added support staff for our waiters and waitresses, so if you need anything please do not hesitate to ask any of our great staff walking past your table.

Loading Map....